Perfect for confident beginners, this quick and easy scarf pattern has a 4 row repeat that is easy to remember. So it is also a great on the go project!
The Highland Neamh Scarf works up quickly and requires only 1 skein of Lionbrand Mandala yarn.
It perfectly matches the other items in my Highland Neamh Collection – the cocoon cardigan, the wrap and the Tee. They all use this gorgeous stitch combination.
This Highland Neamh Scarf pattern works up quickly. This makes it perfect to keep, gift or donate! And because it only requires 590 yards of yarn to make this scarf for an adult, it is a great stash busting project too.
Written in US terms you can easily work this one up in either #3 weight yarn and a 4mm hook if you want a lighter weight scarf with more drape. Or you can use a #4 weight yarn and a 5mm hook for a colder weather scarf.
This scarf pattern is easy to wear and will work with any colour type of yarn – a solid colour, variegated or cake yarn.
Intermediate as it uses crossed double crochets but a confident beginner can work this pattern up!
- Ch(s) – chain(s)
- St(s) – stitch(es)
- SK – skip
- Dc – double crochet
- X St – cross stitch (instructions are in the special stitches with a link to a video tutorial)
- Rep – repeat
- FO – fasten off
- YO – Yarn over
Written Pattern includes:
– written instructions
– links to video tutorial for the X stitch
– Chart to illustrate the stitch placement.
You can read more about this great crochet scarf pattern and check out the free version on my blog post here.
At Sunflower Cottage Crochet, I hire experienced crochet artisans to test my patterns for accuracy and readability.
❤ LAYOUT of the Highland Neamh Scarf crochet pattern:
My patterns all share the same layout. They are easy to read and easy to find important information you need, such as materials needed, sizing information, gauge information, and special stitches used as well as how to do them.
- 1 size – my scarf was 7.5” wide by 64” long using the #3 weight yarn and 4mm hook. Using a 5mm hook and #4 weight yarn will get you a wider scarf which you will work until it is as long as desired.
- #3 weight yarn of choice – I used 1 Lionbrand Mandala cake in wood nymph (590 yards)
- 4mm hook
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking mats and pins (optional)
❤ PROCESSING TIME:
This is an instant PDF download once purchased.
Don’t forget to tag me on your Highland Neamh Scarf pattern makes!
There are no reviews yet.