Thanksgiving Patterns Round Up!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Have you started thinking about your decorations yet? If your answer is no, then we have 27 fabulous patterns in our round-up below (plus 2 from us, which makes 29). I have included both free and paid patterns.
I know that once school is back, people start thinking about Halloween and Christmas patterns. Many of you forget about Thanksgiving and then kick yourselves later.
Being from the UK, Thanksgiving isn’t a thing here. We have the Harvest Festivals instead, although not on the same scale that Americans do Thanksgiving! We tend to be more low-key. At harvest time, we give thanks for the food that we have and make donations to the local food banks, the elderly, or neighbors in need if we can.
Lots of the patterns that are listed below are suitable for both events, which fall at roughly the same time of year.
A little bit of everything
You will see that our round-up contains a little bit of everything for you! Pumpkin patterns seem to be quite popular at this time of year, so I have included a few of those.
And something that Joey from Jo’s Crafty Hook suggested – using a rectangular wrap as a table runner! I am sitting here wondering why on earth I had not thought of that!!
How it works…
This one is easy – scroll down the list of patterns below – if you see one you like, click on the picture, and it will take you either to the designer’s blog post or their shop to grab the pattern! Under each pic, I have identified whether they are free or paid and, if paid, how much they cost. Don’t forget to read that, as one of the designers has given me a special coupon code just for you!!
Shall we dive right into the Thanksgiving Patterns Roundup?
Here at Sunflower, we do have a couple of patterns that you may like for your Thanksgiving table:
1. Stuffed Pumpkins
2. Pumpkin placemat
Before I add the photo of this one, it was a pattern originally designed for Halloween, but someone in the CAL left off the face and just made it a plain pumpkin, and it looks fabulous! This one was turned into a Pumpkin pillow! So if you want to work this one, then substitute the black for orange in the instructions. You can find the free pattern on the blog here. (I cannot link both images to the post for this one, so you will need to click the blue writing!)
1. Pumpkin Pie Earrings by My Fingers Fly
2. Gourd-geous Pumpkins by Green Fox Farms Designs
3. Amigurumi Turkey pattern by Jen Hayes Creations
4. Heart Shaped turkey by Golden Lucy Crafts
5. Turkey Kitchen Towel by A Crocheted Simplicity
6. Turkey Napkin Ring and Flatware Holder by A Crocheted Simplicity
7. Sampler Pumpkins by Amelia Makes
8. Corduroy Napkin rings by Amelia Makes
9. Wacky Waddles Turkey Hat by Nana’s Crafty Home
10. Harvest Moon Pocket Shawl Pattern by Selina Veronique
11. Crochet Pumpkin Hat for Babies and Kids by Kirsten Holloway Designs
12. Turkey Tail Pullover (size 18-24 maths) By Krissy’s Over the Mountain Crochet
13. The Great Striped Pumpkin by This Pixie Creates
14. Beautiful Crochet Pumpkin Pattern by Craftbits
15. Granite Gourd by Bethany Henderson
16. Blessed Bread Cloth and French Press Cozy by Rows and Roses
17. Pumpkin Pot by Hooked on Patterns
18. Pilgrim Man by Caitlin Myers
19. No tricks here placemat by Make with Meggie
20. Beauty and Bite placemat by Made with Meggie
21. Outfits for Crocheted Gonk by Hooked on Patterns
22. Autumn Hues Wrap (use it as a table runner, too!) by Jo’s Crafty Hook
23. Autumn Equinox Sweater by Kaila Osborn
24. Maple Leaf Garland by Kaila Osborn
25. Mushroom Foraging Bag by byGoldenberry
26. Country Bumpkin Pumpkin by Avery Lane Creations
27. Autumn Hugs Set by Regina P Designs