Play with some texture and use your part skeins or scraps to create your own Walk in the Woods with this quick blanket square.
This blanket square was designed to be a fun project that can be used in a variety of ways – as a blanket square, part of a bag, a wall hanging and so many more projects. It will make a great accent to edge table runners at Christmas.
You could add threads of ‘tinsel’ and tiny craft pompoms to give the look and feel of a Christmas tree too.
Originally designed as part of the Here Comes the Treble Event you can also purchase all of the blanket squares from this event to create your own stunning blanket by clicking here. The pattern includes:
- graph with stitch symbols for both the single colour version,
- written instructions for the single colour version
- graph with colours and stitch symbols for the coloured version,
- written instructions for the coloured version
- written instructions for all of the special stitches used
- chart keys to help you read the charts.
- links to video tutorials for all of the stitches used to help you complete this project
This is a free pattern on my blog post for the solid colour version of this crochet blanket square, which you can find here.
I used #4 weight yarn and 5mm hook for my crochet blanket square which created a piece that is 8” wide by8” high completed. You can use any weight yarn and appropriate sized hook, but be aware that this will affect your finished measurements. Written in US terms DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Adventurous beginner / Intermediate as it uses:
- Colour changes (optional)
- Front and back post treble crochets
At Sunflower Cottage Crochet, I hire experienced crochet artisans to test my patterns for accuracy and readability.
❤ LAYOUT of the Walk in the woods Blanket Square pattern:
My patterns all share the same layout. They are easy to read and easy to find important information you need, such as materials needed, sizing information, gauge information, and special stitches used as well as how to do them. This particular pattern includes some video links to help you too.
❤ SIZE of your completed blanket square:
Once completed this blanket square crochet pattern is approximately 8” wide by 8” tall. This is providing you meet gauge, which is not necessary unless you specifically need it to be 8″ square. You can also amend the yarn weight and hook size to easily adjust the size of blanket square without it affecting the written instructions.
- #4 weight yarn – I used 63 yards of 4 weight (aran) yarn.
- 5mm hook
- Tapestry needle
Don’t forget to tag me on your Walk in the Woods Blanket Square pattern makes!