Our Robin’s nesting baskets make the perfect gift baskets for any occasion! We have made them into fruit baskets, baby baskets which are perfect for baby showers or gifts, chocolate hampers, bath / home related hampers… the list really is endless. They would also make a cute gift filled with household items for a first home. You can literally let your imagination run wild with how to use this one.
Read our blog post about the crunch stitch and our Robin’s Nesting Baskets here.
Fully tested pattern with links to YouTube tutorials if required.
- 80 yards of #6 worsted weight yarn of your choosing for the large basket- less for the other two
- 9mm hook
- Stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry needle
- This pattern is written for all 3 baskets which nest inside of each other nicely.
- Gauge is not important as long as it is consistent.
- My large basket was approx 8” in diameter and 4” tall – which is plenty big enough to get a lot of stuff in there!
- Stitches you need to know are – ch, back loop only, single crochet, hdc, slip stitch, crab stitch.
- Our patterns are always written in US terms
- Ch1 does not count as a stitch.
- Remember to turn your work when the pattern tells you to! Even though you are working in the round. If you don’t the texture will all end up on the inside of the basket!
Don’t forget to share your Robin’s nesting baskets with us on our Facebook page! We love to see your makes.