This Marly hat pattern is perfect for those winter months to help you keep your head warm while enjoying the outdoors in the colder months of the year. It is also perfect to throw on for the school run or running errands.
You will be surprised how easy it is to achieve this gorgeous cable look without actually doing any cables! This pattern is suitable for a confident beginner.
The hat is worked side to side and seamed at the end so you can make it to fit the intended recipient perfectly! If you follow the pattern as it is you will only need to alter the number of HDC rows.
The matching Marly Scarf is also available here.
Links to video tutorials for the stitches are included in the pdf pattern as is the stitch multiple.
- option to work foundation HDC or CH starts
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Half Double Crochet
- Back post single crochet (video link included!)
The Marly hat pattern is really very easy to customise – make it as written or you could
- add another cable sections around,
- use team colours
- make the whole hat with the cabled section repeated and create the woven sections in birthstone colours.
- 5.5mm hook
- approx 200 yards of 4 weight (aran) yarn
- tapestry needle
- stitch markers (I recommend at least 2, 4 if you are a beginner!)
❤ PROCESSING TIME:
This is an instant PDF download once purchased.
Several pattern ideas using this technique are , so make sure to check back every now and again if you love it as much as I do!